Monday, August 17, 2009

THIS IS THE WAY WE PICK THE BERRIES, PICK THE ...

I am currently blogging from my parent's house in Kane, as we are here once again, making the most of the berry season, by picking furiously. I managed to pick enough to make a batch of jelly, plus three quarts to freeze. If the weather holds, we may come again next week, as the blackberries are NOT done yet--still a lot of green ones and red ones. Hats off and thanks to my dear mother who has sweetly been watching children for me while I go and pick, as children under five really shouldn't be wading into blackberry thickets to help...These are wild, scrubby, buggy, overgrown thickets that are treacherous underfoot, but loaded with the most beautiful berries!! Fat, juicy, as big as my thumb! Thanks to my dad who went with me this morning to pick, and to my friend Melody who went with me this evening.
Blackberry pie, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind, folks:) Differences of opinion are fine, but let the love of Christ reign here...