Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wish I Knew How to Bring About Change

After doing a lot of contemplating, I'm still at a loss as to how to work on losing weight...I know ALL the tricks and tips...I know what is good nourishing food...and what isn't.  But knowing them doesn't do any good as I willingly suck down coffee, carbs, and sugar...and have no desire to eat the fresh tomatoes my boys are scarfing so happily...See, the weird thing is, there are somethings that I can turn away from just fine...Like soda for instance.  I would rather drink water than soda (most of the time!), but years ago, while still in high school, I got in the bad habit of often eating some snack food at lunch time with a can of soda.  After doing this 3 times a week for a while, I started noticing that I was experiencing stomach pains quite often.  So I switched to milk and stopped the soda and tried to eat regular lunch more often.  The pains ceased.  To this day, I drink maybe 4-6 glasses of soda per  year.  Not a temptation for me at all.  Same as for chips and other savory snacks.  Pretzels?  Corn chips?  Not a problem...Very little temptation.  Can take it or leave it.  But a GF double chocolate chip muffin?  Give me 2--with BUTTER, and a cup of java to boot, with sugar and cream....  and the more I seem to think about it and stress over it, the worse it gets...the only other thing I can think of is that my activity level needs to increase...but  I just don't see how that can happen...yuck...feeling defeated...

1 comment:

  1. It's hard.. I got 4 kiddos like you so I know it's hard. Here is what is helping me: one step at a time. Pick one thing to do like instead of your GF muffin with coffee, fix yourself a green smoothie. Many videos, tutorials and recipes online. Just make sure there is protein and fat in it (coconut milk, peanut or almond butter; avocados). It will give you energy and satisfy, and you will lose weight. You can even fix enough for 2 days in a row... keep it in the refrigerator in a jar.

    ReplyDelete

please be kind, folks:) Differences of opinion are fine, but let the love of Christ reign here...