Saturday, June 20, 2009

miscellaneous

I so enjoy reading other people's blogs, and now that I have one of my own, I stare at the blank computer screen and go--huh? What do I write now?
At the moment, I am visiting my mother with my children so that my dear husband can have some needed moments alone to pray, plan out his sermons, and not be in the thick of family life for a few days. As a pastor who works a full-time second job, we have found that he needs these times for rest and refreshing. The rebellious side of me wants to demand equal time. However, I am learning that true love wants to serve without gaining anything in return. Why is it that we can serve people we have never met,(mission trip) yet those we say we love with all our hearts, we have limits on what we will do to serve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please be kind, folks:) Differences of opinion are fine, but let the love of Christ reign here...